I just read that Igalaland uses the 4 native Igbo calendar days of Eke, Oye, Afor and Nkwo which are Eke, Ede, Afor and Ukwor in Igala land.
I share an article which states clearly that the Igbos and the Igalas are related by blood.
Before I post the article below, I have certain observations to make:
- Igala is today, a common name among the Igbo
- In fact, the founder of the Igala ethnic group, who was named Igala himself is said to be a child of Eri the founder of the Igbo ethnic group
- A former Attah of Igala had the title of Ababa Idu, which is also an Igbo title
- Idu is an ancient name for the Igbo
- Olu are Igbos who came down from Igala Land and settled and completely assimilated into the Igbo ethnic group
- The king of the Igala nation is called Attah. There are places in the Igbo ancestral area called Attah today, as you will find in the article below
- Parts of Anambra State remain Igala till today. And they are treated completely equally as Igbos
Having noted these, find posted the article in the link below: