Ofalla Festivals are ceremonies where the Igwes of Igbo towns and their community members come together to celebrate his reign.
During ofalla festivals, indigenes of the town come from all over the world to celebrate. Enugu Ukwu is a popular community in Anambra State, Igboland, South Eastern Nigeria. Enugu Ukwu literately means ‘Up A Great Hill’.
We hereby present the Igbo ofalla festival, Enugu Ukwu style. Let us continue promoting our wonderful culture as Igbos while uprooting any inhuman elements in it. Enjoy.
The Igbo businessman is all for building up his business empire before enjoyment. In the photo tweeted below, you can see an Igbo man selling bread with a ₦7.5 million Venza. Lol.
Igbo men can fall people hand🤣😂😂
Igbo man using ₦7.5 million Toyota Venza to sell bread in Anambra state😂🤣😂😂 pic.twitter.com/j8est7ctJT
— middle Child (@ZealNnamdi) May 23, 2020
Over to you. Would you sell bread with a ₦ 7.5 million car when you cam afford to sell it in a ₦1.5 million car?
Nigeria is a unique country. There is no other country quite like Nigeria. Here are 5 reasons why Nigeria is good for business.
- Nigeria has the largest concentration of people in Africa. I mean, just look at the sheer economics of it. 180 million people in one country. If you sold one thing for 180 million Nigerians at $1, you’d be a millionaire. By 2050, it estimated Nigeria would have risen to 300 million. Why not dig your economic well before you get thirsty?
- Nigerians like spending big. Nigerians are natural big spenders. Forget that the oil price crash has dampened things a bit. (Ask Harrods Hypermarket.) But if the economy bounces back, you’ll see the spending power of Nigerians at its best.
- Lots of untapped mineral resources lie under Nigeria’s ground. If you can get a license to mine it, you’ll have cornered your own pot of gold.
- Resourceful people. Nigerians are very resourceful. In the United States for instance, Nigerians are known as the most successful immigrants. All Nigerians really need is the right atmosphere to succeed. Perhaps your company can help. Can you profitably bring in some good organizational culture that would drive productivity and innovation in its own small way?
Nigeria in 2020 is a place where you cannot afford to be careless with the little capital you’ve managed to gather. If you are not extremely careful, you can lose that cash very easily.
- Find out what people want: Do your market survey. Capital isn’t easy to get in Nigeria. So, you cannot afford to start your business on a whim. You must make sure the goods/service you are providing are exactly what people want, not what you think they want.
- Be your own utility service: This simply means that in the present day (2020), you cannot depend on the licensed utilities for electricity and other essential services. If you supply frozen foods for instance, you must have a standby generating set and enough fuel to power it. Don’t depend on NEPA. You must factor in the cost of electricity maintenance into your budget.
- Find a good location: Before you buy land for your office premises, make sure it is not in a swampy ground. Also, if you can avoid it, don’t rent office space during the dry season. This is because many properties may be located in swampy areas that become very impassible by vehicles during the rainy season.