“If we don’t want days with 50,000 new infections, as was the case in France a few weeks ago, we must see through this and not constantly speculate about which measures can be relaxed again.”
Those were the words of Germany’s Economy Minister Peter Altmaier as he warned that the European economic giant is clearly “not out of the woods” following a worrying recent spike in Covid-19 infections.
According to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases, the number of confirmed cases in Germany rose by 16,947 to 790,503 on Sunday.
But the constant speculation on locking down is taking its toll on many citizens as they long for the kind of normality they used to have before.
There have been fierce protests on the streets. But for Minister Altmaier and many German policy makers, longer lockdowns might be the bitter pill Germans need to swallow if their economy and society is to return to normal.
In case you’ve forgotten, Donald Trump is a strongman. That seemed to be Trump’s message as he went on a drive from Walter Reed hospital to greet supporters gathered outside.
The car he entered is said to be airtight, but a doctor said the secret service guys that drove with Trump need to be quarantined.
1. It has made people who doubt coronavirus stop and think: ‘what if it’s true?’
2. It has brought out the sportsmanship of many of Trump’s rivals who have come out to wish him a quick recovery. For example, President Obama.
3. It has led to slumps in the stock market, showing that Trump has the confidence of many on Wall Street.
4. It has led to complaints of unfairness by people and media houses who feel Twitter has been strict in defending Trump from haters wishing him death, while the social media giant looks the other way when some of Trump’s critics get death threats. For example, members of the squad like Congresswoman Tlaib.
5. It has shown the US military as ever ready to defend their Commander-in-Chief, even from micro organisms
Do you know any way Trump’s Coronavirus infection has changed America? Let us know in the comments.
President Donald Trump’s announcement that his wife and himself have contracted Coronavirus means that Covid-19 has hit both him and another strongman known for belittling the dangers of the airborne virus, Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro, a.k.a, ‘Trump of the Tropics’.
Like Bolsonaro, Trump never believed in wearing masks.
But after his recovery, we shall see what new policies – if any- he adopts on Coronavirus.
We wish President and Mrs Donald Trump a quick recovery, and felicitate with his rival Joe Biden and wife for escaping Coronavirus.
Watch Trump tell Bob Woodward he wasn’t concerned about contracting Coronavirus
There were no new deaths in the last NCDC Covid-19 figures released. Wow! Thank God o.