Yes, there are many dirt-roads in the industrial centre of Aba. But there are also many good roads that inspire us that Aba will one day reach its full industrial potential as a globally recognised manufacturing brand. See some of the roads in the link below.
Judging by the attention gained world-wide by this video, the man of the moment is Prince Boniface Offokaja. Since this epic and iconic piece of history recorded in the video, Offokaja’s achievements have included:
- Breaking the news of Biafra’s Declaration of Independence to the world
- Working with AFP as a War Correspondent reporting from the battle front
- His colleagues included the famous author Frederick Forsyth who was also a world-renowned activist-journalist
- He was in President Gowon’s statehouse media crew at the Organization Of African Unity, OAU summit in Kampala, Uganda when Gowon was toppled by President Muritala Muhammed. The attention of Nigeria and the rest of the world turned to Gowon’s statehouse media crew for news on whether Gowon would accept the power-change or refuse to recognise it…
- Initiating University Of The Air in partnership with the Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu. Many are recorded to have become graduates using that opportunity
- Building a television and radio station in Onitsha for the Anambra Broadcasting Service without government assistance. The station became extremely profitable; and became the headquarters of the state broadcaster the moment the new Anambra State was created
- Interviewing great statesmen like President Nnamdi Azikiwe, and governors like Michael Okpara, Administrator Ukpabi Asika, Governor Jim Nwobodo, Military Administrator Rufai Garuba…
- Providing an incubative platform for the political career of future Senate President Chuba Okadigbo by interviewing him severally
- Providing incubative platform for Zebrudaya’s New Masquerade Comedy by airing the program before it’s popularity spread
- Providing transformative professional training geared towards making all staff of ABS – from driver to manager to gardener to secretary capable of running the station if need be
- Providing 13th month salary for ABS staff…
And many other achievements too numerous to mention… Let us continue to celebrate this great man, so that future leaders may gain inspiration from him. A treasure to any nation. He may no longer be with us now, but to watch what he was like, click any of the video links above.
Mazi Angel Onuoha has become Associate Manager at global internet giant, Google. His story comes with a peace of inspiration for those who have lost out in business due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Read on.
The American dream, we are told, means that anyone cam succeed in the US irrespective of social class.
But in reality, people with criminal records find it doubly hard to get decent jobs. Well in the link is the story of an American who after facing some rejection, decided to employ himself.
He now makes 4 times what he would’ve made if he was working. See how he did it.
Former serial Minister in Nigeria and also serial World Bank high official, the un-ignorable Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has become an American citizen, Bloomberg reports.
Before now, she has lived for 25 years in the US without becoming its citizen.
Recall that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari recently tapped her as Nigeria’s candidate for the presidency of the World Trade Organisation-WTO.
This is despite the fact that she served under the PDP-led President Goodluck Jonathan Administration which competed fiercely with President Buhari’s team in Nigeria’s 2015 presidential election. (Maybe, President Buhari was trying to keep one of Nigeria’s most renowned human assets solely for Nigeria. Who knows?)
Also recall that the courageous Amazon ran for the post of World Bank President a few years ago, but was defeated due to the ‘presumed convention’ that only a US citizen can become President of the World Bank (as of 2020).
Now, if she decides to run for World Bank President again, we doubt that ‘convention’ can stop her, since she now holds the green passport.
In her first stint as Nigeria’s Finance Minister under President Obasanjo, Mrs Iweala successfully negotiated debt forgiveness for Nigeria. Billions of dollars in debilitating debt were wiped off.
Before that feat, she was World Bank Vice President, and the international bank had given her a leave-of-absence to become Nigeria’s Minister of Finance.
After the debt cancellation, then President Obasanjo named her Foreign Minister. From there she returned to the World Bank and was named Managing Director, a higher post than Vice President.
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala returned to Nigeria as Foreign Minister during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, and was given the added job of Coordinating Minister for the Economy.
During this stint, Nigeria’s GDP was repurposed and surpassed that of South Africa for the first time, making Nigeria Africa’s biggest economy.
After that stint, Ngozi Iweala challenged the official US candidate for the post of World Bank President, but lost. If she had won, she would have become the first non-US citizen to do so.
Looking in another lense, we see Dr Iweala as a possible future chairman of the US Federal Reserve.
We are watching keenly the interesting life of this Ada Igbo.