JOB FORUM

Jobs and Interviews

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ogechukwu
      Participant
      Igbodefender Points: 0

Let’s gather here and educate each other on the Dos’/Donts of an interview.

Pheranmi
      Participant

What type of job interview

Pheranmi
      Participant

We have to educate ourselves

OzoIgboNdu1 of Igbo Defender
      Keymaster

[quote quote=119434]Let’s gather here and educate each other on the Dos’/Donts of an interview.[/quote]
      Great topic @Ogey1
      Tip: In an interview, if asked, “Where do you see yourself in 5 year’s time?’ A ‘bad’ answer is something like, ‘ I see myself as a landlord with 5 cars and a multimillion dollar account.’

Why? The company probably cannot afford to pay you the millions upon millions you’ll need to build that house in Banana Island and buy the private jet.

So, a ‘good’ response is probably something like, ‘I see myself being promoted to a higher role in the company, where I’ll be able to create even more value for the company’. That sort of response tells the company that you have them included in your future.

Note: companies don’t like a situation where they spend their money training an employee only for the employee to leave within a short while. They’d prefer that the employee uses the knowledge gained from the training to better the company’s fortunes, at least for some time…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.