It’s 3 weeks to the November election, and candidate Trump’s approval ratings show he is trailing Democratic candidate Joe Biden, sometimes by double digits. Deja vu!
The same thing happened in the 2016 election. Right up to the eve of the election opinion polls predicted Trump would lose and Hilary Clinton would have a comfortable win.
But the election results defied expert predictions and left seasoned pundits scratching their heads.
Even Trump thought he’d lost, according to his then special counsel, Steve Bannon.
But one thing to realise about Trump is that his base, not the undecided voters are his main strength. When that base is energised, they remain silent but express themselves assertively during elections, whether it be in primaries against Jeb Bush, or in main polls against Hillary Clinton.
Many Denocrats may be thinking that with Trump’s approval rating this week, they’ve already won the November 3 primaries.
But one Democratic Party pundit told CNN yesterday that it’s not time for them to relax. Trump’s base is waiting to upvote their man.
One sign is the reception he got during his drive-by outside Walter Read Hospital. These folks and their close ones are really, really devoted to Trump, and I suspect they’ll remain so for a long time, irrespective of the 2020 election results.
In case you’ve forgotten, Donald Trump is a strongman. That seemed to be Trump’s message as he went on a drive from Walter Reed hospital to greet supporters gathered outside.
The car he entered is said to be airtight, but a doctor said the secret service guys that drove with Trump need to be quarantined.
1. It has made people who doubt coronavirus stop and think: ‘what if it’s true?’
2. It has brought out the sportsmanship of many of Trump’s rivals who have come out to wish him a quick recovery. For example, President Obama.
3. It has led to slumps in the stock market, showing that Trump has the confidence of many on Wall Street.
4. It has led to complaints of unfairness by people and media houses who feel Twitter has been strict in defending Trump from haters wishing him death, while the social media giant looks the other way when some of Trump’s critics get death threats. For example, members of the squad like Congresswoman Tlaib.
5. It has shown the US military as ever ready to defend their Commander-in-Chief, even from micro organisms
Do you know any way Trump’s Coronavirus infection has changed America? Let us know in the comments.
President Duterte of the Philippines has reacted strongly after social media giant Facebook took down some pro Duterte accounts.
The words he used shows how seriously the President who is known for blasting world leaders takes the actions of Facebook.
President Donald Trump’s announcement that his wife and himself have contracted Coronavirus means that Covid-19 has hit both him and another strongman known for belittling the dangers of the airborne virus, Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro, a.k.a, ‘Trump of the Tropics’.
Like Bolsonaro, Trump never believed in wearing masks.
But after his recovery, we shall see what new policies – if any- he adopts on Coronavirus.
We wish President and Mrs Donald Trump a quick recovery, and felicitate with his rival Joe Biden and wife for escaping Coronavirus.
Watch Trump tell Bob Woodward he wasn’t concerned about contracting Coronavirus