Dating group

Bitter Experience Lady Had With A Guy She Met On Social Media

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      OzoIgboNdu1 of Igbo Defender
      Keymaster
      Igbodefender Points: 0
      Rank: Bitter Experience Lady Had With A Guy She Met On Social Media

In the story below, a lady recounts the terrible experience she had with a guy she met on social media.

There is this particular guy that I met on Facebook about two month ago in Facebook, we have been talking and he calls me almost everytime, he has tried to invite me to his house in osun state on different occasions but due to security issue I had to decline his invitation..

We planned to meet on Wednesday and he told me he was coming from osun state, so I told him to drop at Mr Biggs in Iwo Road Ibadan..

I stay at challenge so I had to #200 cab from there down to Iwo road, I was having about #1300 with me before leaving the house, I was already waiting for him for about 40minute before he showed up, he told me his car has fault and that he had to call his mechanic to fix the car for him, we sat down and talked.

During our discussion, he told me to please give him 1k to get something to drink, that he had forgotten his wallet in the car and his phone is off to make a transfer, I gave him and he ordered for soft drinks and meat pie..

Along the line, he told me he needed to make a call and requested for my phone so that he can direct the mechanic bringing down his car, I heard him calling and was directing the man down to Iwo road, all of a sudden he just went outside and before I could know it this guy has dissapeared with my phone and was just looking at him from afar..

I couldn’t shout as I was just looking like a fool because I don’t know what’s happening, I waited for about 1hr thinking he has gone to pick the mechanic, I tried calling my number but was switched off, he has gone with my phone and I don’t know his number off hand.
      I had use the #100 left with me to buy recharge card and was left with nothing..
      It was a bitter experience for me as I had to trek all the way from Iwo road to Olorunsogo, When I couldn’t continue with trekking I had to approach a lady to please help me out
      with #100 after explaining my situation to her and she gave me #500 and wished me well.

I thank God it was not more than this, he only went away with my phone, what if he had used me for ritual?

Please ladies be careful about the kind of guy you hang out with, always take your time to know the person you are moving out with..

I had learnt my lesson, and have handed him over to God

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/6959861/what-guy-did-me-iwo

Keymaster

This is a clarion call to everyone to be careful and prayerful when bringing social media to the real world.

Potal
      Participant
      Igbodefender Points: 1,200

This is a serious lesson for people to look before they leap in relationships.

pink
      Keymaster
      Igbodefender Points: 850

Things are not always what they seem on social media. We should all be careful.

Omaonu

To be very careful is the way forward

Yamcybab
      Participant
      Igbodefender Points: 100

This is terrible, I had learn serious lesson, so ladies be careful ooo🤫🙄🤔

Omaonu
      Participant
      Igbodefender Points: 200

@potal one needs to be very careful with strangers generally not in the aspect of relationship alone. What a stranger can not do doesn’t exist.

Yamcybab
      Participant

Be very careful who you trust and tell your problems too, not everyone who smile at you is your friend.

Fatima Ibrahim Kani
      Participant

What a painful story😭

Fatima Ibrahim Kani
      Participant

we should always be careful of whom we have to trust,whom to have relationship and whom we have to told our secret, and also pray for God’s protection.

Yamcybab
      Participant

@fatima amen may God protect us

Jonimisi
      Participant

Eyaaaaaa. Sorry for her. My gender sha

Anonymous
      Inactive

Although social media is really helping many ways i.e businesses. People need to be extra careful with the things they see or even the people that are using it. Many bad things happened not only with girls but boys also.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t just rush to meet someone you met on social media.

Keymaster

[quote quote=56854]Be very careful who you trust and tell your problems too, not everyone who smile at you is your friend.[/quote]

She would be regretting giving the stranger the phone. It shows that social media is not yet an adequate substitute to ‘real’ life in judging familiarity. ‘Social media familiarity’ was used as a bait here.

But on the other hand some good also does come out of social media, like actual marriages, for instance.

It’s just that the ways of ferreting out the good from the unknown still has a high rate of unclearness.

Keymaster

[quote quote=56854]Be very careful who you trust and tell your problems too, not everyone who smile at you is your friend.[/quote]

@yamcy
      You are right. Paraphrasing Shakespeare; there is no art to show the thinkings of the mind on the face.

Keymaster

[quote quote=57894]Eyaaaaaa. Sorry for her. My gender sha[/quote]
      The girl will probably find it difficult to trust anyone on social media for some time.

pink
      Keymaster
      Igbodefender Points: 850

[quote quote=57905]Although social media is really helping many ways i.e businesses. People need to be extra careful with the things they see or even the people that are using it. Many bad things happened not only with girls but boys also.[/quote] you are right. We need to be extra careful dealing with people on social media.

Omaonu
      Participant

[quote quote=56587]This is a clarion call to everyone to be careful and prayerful when bringing social media to the real world.[/quote]exactly the point

Omaonu
      Participant

[quote quote=57914]

The girl will probably find it difficult to trust anyone on social media for some time.[/quote] yes she will have trust issue henceforth

Omaonu
      Participant

[quote quote=57894]Eyaaaaaa. Sorry for her. My gender sha[/quote] can happen to any gender it is not a gender affair. May God save and guide our paths and choice in life.

Omaonu
      Participant

[quote quote=56588]This is a serious lesson for people to look before they leap in relationships.[/quote] no matter how you look before you leap into a relationship what will be will be. We need God to guide and direct us and that can only be achieved through prayers.

Omaonu
      Participant

[quote quote=57909]

Be very careful who you trust and tell your problems too, not everyone who smile at you is your friend.

She would be regretting giving the stranger the phone. It shows that social media is not yet an adequate substitute to ‘real’ life in judging familiarity. ‘Social media familiarity’ was used as a bait here.

But on the other hand some good also does come out of social media, like actual marriages, for instance.

It’s just that the ways of ferreting out the good from the unknown still has a high rate of unclearness.[/quote]that is it the number of bad ones that come out of social media out weight the good ones

Anonymous
      Inactive

[quote quote=57914]

The girl will probably find it difficult to trust anyone on social media for some time.[/quote]even in real life she will have a trust issue

Anonymous
      Inactive

[quote quote=57906]Don’t just rush to meet someone you met on social media.[/quote] hmm well it is a nice advice thanks

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.