Residents of Lake Jackson, a city in Texas, US have been warned against using tap water after a deadly brain-eating microorganism was found in the city’s public water supply.
They have been warned to use water from their taps only to flush their toilets, and certainly not to drink.
Update: We are getting reports of a flesh-eating organism infecting people outside Lake Jackson. The case we learnt of had constipation, couldn’t walk and headache. But thankfully, hospital treatment saved them. People, please stay safe.