1. Find out what your audience wants from you and give it to them. What they want is often more important that what you think they should want.
So, take out time to understand your audience. Tease out what makes them tick. Ask yourself what questions they are asking that you can answer very well.
If your audience finds that you answer their most pressing questions consistently, they will keep coming back for more.
2. Content is still emperor! Your content has to be original, creative and captivating. In a world where copies and knockoffs are increasing by the second, the ability of your content to stand out can draw the spotlight to you and make you own it.
3. Videos still rule! Therefore create quality video content. As data becomes cheaper and more available more people will be able to consume content primarily through video. Don’t ignore that demographic.
4. There is more to digital marketing than social media, don’t use a strategy that encompasses just social networks.
Explore opportunities in email marketing, blogging, blogging, instant messaging, app development, etc.
5. Patience is key! Forgive the hackneyed phrase, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. Most overnight successes took ten years of hard work behind the scenes. A lot of people just see the beanstalk growing so fast and forget about the slow initial growth when it was planted as a seed.
So resist the urge to fall into the trap of shortcuts. Algorithms have gotten so much smarter now and you can easily get banned.
Bonus Point: Work hard and Smart instead of just working hard.