According to Pmnews, The Nigeria Police Force has established a nationwide broadcasting and radio service that will serve the entire country.
The broadcasting service will be managed by the Nigeria Police Broadcasting Service Limited (NPBS), a company jointly owned by the police and a private entity, according to documents seen by THEWILL on Wednesday.
Sources familiar with the development at the police force headquarters in Abuja told the medium that the news and current affairs station will have operational bases in all the states of the federation and the FCT, and will be jointly funded by the force and private investors, who are behind Skytick Limited.
The force has filed paperwork for a broadcasting license with the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), it was gathered.
The police channels when operational will help the police force as well as security agencies communicate effectively with the general public and improve policing in our societies, one source said.
A Nairalander, keneking, lauded the development for the following reasons:
– So ‘Crime Fighters’ can be aired 24/7 days.
– The police can provide its narratives
– IG can use the medium to sensitise populace on works
– Citizens can report to the police using the platforms
– The force can maximise its reach to the public
– One step is to have them on cable networks
– Documentaries can be aired using real life cases
– A useful platform to analyse security situations
– More media personnel would be employed; technical & non technical specialities
– During general elections, security situations can be monitored live and direct
– The Nigeria Police Force would become more responsive to the masses
– Nollywood producers can have new genre focussing on ‘State Protection’ on these television platforms
– We can have real life reportage of crimes, economic criminals, convicts etc
Zikist Movement lauds any move aimed at entrenching the rule of law in our country.